Vehicle Registrations and Titling

smiling family inside vehicle

Kansas law requires a motor vehicle to be titled in the state and county where the vehicle is garaged. Motor vehicles cannot be legally operated without a title.

Kansas law also requires a vehicle to be registered with display of a registration or plate along with the corresponding decals. 

Helpful Resources

Fees and Payment Options
Payment options and fees for vehicle titles, registrations and plates. 

Get in Line
Learn how to get in line for service at the counter at the Mission or Olathe Motor Vehicle offices.

License Plates and Permits
Request 60-Day Permits, 1-Day Inspection Permits, and Specialty, Personalized or Distinctive Plates. Find out how to replace lost or stolen plates and decals.

Motor Vehicle Forms
Find the most commonly used motor vehicle forms. 

VIN Inspection
The State of Kansas requires a VIN inspection for out of state titles. Emissions testing is NOT required.