Dealer and Fleet Services

Dealerships and fleet service companies utilize the below drop-off or mail-in process for titling and registering vehicles. Johnson County does not offer in-person services for dealerships or fleet service companies.

To register recently purchased vehicles using dealer or fleet services:

1. Gather required documents

Original Title We cannot accept a copy of the title. You must provide the original title.
VIN Inspection from Kansas Highway Patrol For more information, visit Kansas Highway Patrol Motor Vehicle Enforcement
Title and Registration Manual Application Complete form
Dealer/Fleet Service Cover Sheet Complete form


2. Gather additional documents that may apply to you

Power of Attorney or Secure Power of Attorney Required if someone besides the owner is signing any required documents. If the same entity or two agents from the same company are signing as buyer and seller, a Secure Power of Attorney may be required.
Sales Tax Receipt Required if purchased from a Kansas dealer.
Bill of Sale Required only if purchase price and purchase date are not listed on the title, or if purchased from an out of state dealer.
Lien Release Required if the current title shows a lien and you have paid off the loan. For more information, visit our Lien Release page.
Certificate of Trust Required if titling in the trust’s name or if the original owner was listed as a trust.


3. Drop-off or mail-in all required documents

All documents must be mailed in or dropped off to the Olathe Motor Vehicle office located at 782 N Ridgeview Rd, Olathe, KS 66061.

We will not accept documents sent to our Mission or Administration locations.
Documents can be dropped-off in the secure Dealer/Fleet Drop Box outside the Olathe Motor Vehicle office.

4. Payment Options

You will be emailed an invoice with the amount owed for the transaction after it has been completed. 

Pay Online After an invoice is received, payment can be made online as early as the following business day at with the account number provided on the invoice along with the last six digits of the VIN.  
Pay with Check

You can mail a copy of the invoice with a check made payable to Johnson County DMV to
782 N Ridgeview Rd, Olathe, KS 66061.
Please note: we do not accept incomplete checks. 

Once payment has been received, work will be mailed standard mail to the address requested on the Dealer/Fleet Cover Sheet

If you wish to have your work sent to you via a specified mail service, you must provide an envelope and shipping label.

5. Incomplete/Incorrect documentation

If we find that the title work provided is incomplete or requires a correction, we will email you an explanation of what needs to be provided before the transaction can be processed. We will hold these incomplete documents for up to 30 days to give you time to fulfill the additional documentation requests. After 30 days, if we are still unable to complete the work, it will be mailed back to you.

Please let us know in advance if you prefer all work be immediately returned if incomplete or incorrect.  If you choose not to participate in the above process, all your transactions will be opted out.  You may not opt out for individual transactions.

Questions or concerns about the Dealer/Fleet process can be directed to or (913) 826-1800

Additional forms can be found on our Motor Vehicle Forms Page