Duplicate Title

vehicle title and certificate of origin

Request a duplicate or replacement title for your vehicle. Apply for a title in person or mail the below application to either the Olathe or Mission Motor Vehicle Office.

  • Complete the Application for Secured/ Duplicate/ Reissue of Title, Form TR-720B
  • The application must include the vehicle's year, make and identification number, as well as the owner's name(s). 
  • Include the appropriate title fee as listed in the corresponding box on the form. 
  • A check or money order is required for payment of all mail-in and drop-off transactions.

If there is a lienholder on the title or vehicle:

You cannot apply for a duplicate title as long as there is a lienholder indicated on the vehicle’s computer record.  A paper title will only be issued once the lien has been satisfied and a notarized lien release has been provided to the Motor Vehicle Division

Helpful Resources

Lien Release

Find out when you need a lien release and how to submit it to Motor Vehicle.

Motor Vehicle Forms

Find the most commonly used motor vehicle forms.

Vehicle Fees and Payment Options 

Look up payment options and fees for vehicle titles, registrations and license plates.


Mission Motor Vehicle Office

Olathe Motor Vehicle Office