Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) / Nondiscrimination
Johnson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information, or other circumstance prohibited by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation, including Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Johnson County Chief Counsel is the Johnson County ADA Coordinator. A request for accommodation for a disability, or other assistance, should be made, if possible, at least 3 days in advance, by completing this form.
Civil Rights - Title VI
Johnson County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, income or English proficiency. For more information on Johnson County's non-discrimination policies, or if you believe you have been discriminated against and need to file a complaint, please contact the Title VI Coordinator at 913-715-0561 or [email protected].
For more information, review the Title VI Plan.
Refunds and returns are handled by individual departments. Department Refund/Return Policies vary based on the service, product or event purchased, as well as the original mode of payment used, i.e., cash, check or credit card. For information about Refunds or Returns please contact the department providing the product, service or event.
User-generated posts or comments may be deleted or temporarily hidden (we use Facebook-provided content moderation/filtering options to hide profanity) and later deleted by county staff if content:
- Contains obscene, profane, threatening, or harassing language, images, GIFs and/or video content or language that is considered profane;
- Contains sexually explicit images, cartoons, jokes or links to sexual content;
- Contains personal attacks, hate speech or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, genetic information, military service, or other circumstance prohibited by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation, including Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Contains commercial messages, including advertisements, endorsements, solicitations and spam;
- Promotes or endorses political campaigns, candidates for election to a political office, or ballot measures;
- Contains suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Contains information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public systems, the county, its employees, or public officials;
- Contains defamatory (i.e. slanderous, libelous) remarks, personal attacks, or threats against any individual person or group of people;
- Violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Makes or publishes false, vicious or malicious statements concerning any county employee;
- Promotes violence or the threat of violence to themselves or others (these types of comments will be reported to the appropriate authorities);
- Discloses confidential or proprietary information or personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information;
- Contains multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam;
Thank you for your interest in Johnson County. We look forward to engaging with you.
Website Accessibility Policy
Johnson County Kansas Government is committed to providing access to our web pages for individuals with disabilities. We recognize the importance of making our website available to the largest possible audience and our goal is to attempt to design the website to be accessible by everyone.
To meet this commitment, our goal is to attempt to voluntarily comply with requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998, and Level 1.0 Accessibility Guidelines proposed by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Section 508 requires that individuals with disabilities, who are members of the public seeking information or services from us, have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to that provided to the public who are not individuals with disabilities, unless an undue burden would be imposed on us.
Website Disclaimer Policy
Johnson County Kansas Government provides this website as a public service. Users of this website are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of all information. Johnson County Kansas Government makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, currency, suitability, and timeliness of the information provided via this website. This information is provided on an "as is" basis.
Johnson County Kansas Government specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, including any websites maintained by third parties and linked to or from the Johnson County Kansas Government website. Johnson County Kansas Government makes no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information or services provided on pages outside the jocogov.org domain.
Johnson County Kansas Government does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
Website Linking Policy
The information posted on the Johnson County Kansas Government website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Johnson County Kansas Government provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience.
The inclusion of links on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the Johnson County Kansas Government of those links or their contents. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Johnson County Kansas Government site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
This policy statement addresses collection, use and security of, and access to information that may be obtained through use of the Johnson County website. When you visit the Johnson County Kansas Government website, we use automated tools to log information about each visit. We process this information in the aggregate to determine site performance issues, such as popular pages, most frequently downloaded forms, and other site performance characteristics. This information does not identify you personally. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If during your visit to the Johnson County website you participate in a survey, send an email, submit a form, or perform some other transaction, the following information could be collected:
- The email address and contents of the email.
- Information volunteered in response to a survey.
- Information volunteered through the use of an online form for any other purpose. This may include text, audio, video, graphic formats, or any other data that is sent to us.
This information will be used to respond to your requests appropriately, to improve our website, to improve customer service, or to process transactions.
In order to conduct some transactions over the Johnson County website, you may be required to provide additional personal information, such as payment information. This information could include your credit card number or bank account details. Johnson County only utilizes trusted third party resources to collect this data. This data will only be used to conduct the business transaction requested by the site user. Johnson County requires all third party vendors provide secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect sensitive data. Personal information will not be sold, traded, or otherwise transferred to outside parties, unless required by law.
Johnson County has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and to prevent unauthorized access to information maintained by the County. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession.
This information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via the County websites.
Website Security Policy
We attempt to ensure that Johnson County Kansas Government website remains available to all users by employing software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.