Johnson County’s Environmental Division works to protect the health of the public and the environment. Our programs and services include air quality compliance, regulating trash and recycling haulers and facilities, providing household hazardous waste and paint collection, septic systems and pool safety, and providing education and outreach on a wide range of environmental issues. 

Return to the Health & Environment homepage.

Kids picking up trash in a wooded area

Report an Environmental or Public Health Concern

  • If you have an environmental non-emergency complaint, submit this form or call 913-715-6900. If you believe an incident is life-threatening or involves a chemical or petroleum product spill, gasoline odors inside buildings or natural gas odors, call 9-1-1.
  • If you want to file a complaint about a food-related illness, restaurant or place of lodging, visit this page for contact information.
  • For all other public health concerns, send an email to jcdhe@jocogov.org or call the Public Health Emergency Preparedness hotline at 913-477-8343. Phone calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • If you are a healthcare provider and need to report a communicable disease, call 913-826-1303. After business hours/weekends, call KDHE at 877-427-7317.

Contact Environment Division


Sunset Drive Office Building
11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite #2700, Olathe, KS 66061


Hours: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Phone: 913-715-6900
Fax: 913-715-6970

Stay Connected