Get in line
Both Motor Vehicle locations offer a line management system that provides customers with status updates through text messages.
Customers are able to check-in online and then continue with other daily activities without waiting in the Motor Vehicle office.
To reserve a place in line:
- Choose a Motor Vehicle location, Mission or Olathe.
Mission - Reserve Now
Olathe - Reserve Now
Note: If the estimated wait time exceeds our hours of operation (M-F 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.), you will not be able to check in online. You can try again if the queue opens again later in the day or at next business day.
- Enter your cell phone number, including the area code, then push Next.
- Read the brief explanation of what to expect.
- Continue to printable confirmation.
- You will receive a text message confirming you have joined the line and providing an estimated wait time.
Once you have joined the line:
- You will receive additional text message notifications with status updates.
- You will receive a text notification to head towards the office as you near the front of the line.
- Receive a text notification when you are summoned to a window.
- If you are unable to get to the office, you can text “L” to leave the line or “M” to move yourself to the back of the line. Please note, you cannot return to your original place in line once you leave it or move yourself back.
Johnson County Motor Vehicles offices are open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday- Friday. If your estimated wait time exceeds 4 p.m., you will be served as long as you arrive to the office prior to 4 p.m.
Estimated wait times may vary based on customer behavior and transactional volume. The queue may open and close throughout the day based on number of customers in the line. Our office hours at both Mission and Olathe Motor Vehicle offices are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., excluding county designated holidays.
Standard text messaging rates may apply when using this service.