Child Care Licensing staff will distribute background check packets to licensed child care providers in the main lobby of the Sunset Drive Office Building (11811 S. Sunset Drive, Olathe) on the dates listed below. Packets can also be picked up at the Child Care Licensing office (11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 2700, Olathe) during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-5 p.m.) or by calling 913-477-8339 to schedule a pick-up on weekdays before 8 a.m. Providers must bring their license renewal confirmation letter or email with their OCA number in order to pick up the packet(s) for their child care business. This is required for both home providers and facilities.
- Saturday, May 25, 2019: 8:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 8, 2019: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Saturday, July 13, 2019: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10, 2019: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Kansas law requires a comprehensive background check for each individual residing, working or regularly volunteering in a licensed child care home, daycare center or school-age program. Please visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's website for answers to frequently asked questions and deadlines to submit paperwork and fingerprints.
Child care providers can get fingerprinting done at several Johnson County locations. The Johnson County Sheriff's Office, 588 E. Santa Fe St., Olathe, Kansas offers fingerprinting service during regular business hours starting at 8:30 a.m.
Bring the following items with you when you get fingerprinted:
- Fingerprint card (with top part completed)
- Square return mail envelope with $1 postage attached
- Waiver consent form
- Payment page (completed for credit card payment) or check/money order
- Government issued ID (Driver’s license/State ID/Passport)
Leave the envelope and all contents with the police officer. The law enforcement agency taking the fingerprints is responsible for mailing the envelope. If you are paying for more than one person, attach a list of names that your payment covers.