Skip to main content
Local and National Resources for Health Information
Diseases and Conditions
- Cancer - data, research, and articles related to cancer.
- Diabetes – CDC data, research, and articles related to diabetes.
- Flu - CDC data, research, and articles related to influenza.
- Heart Disease - data, research, and articles related to heart disease.
- CDC Food Safety – information about foodborne illnesses, how to prepare food safely,etc.
- My Plate - ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to assist with building a healthier diet. Includes resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information.
- Nutrition for Everyone – CDC information about all things nutrition, including food groups and healthier food options.
- HealthFinder.gov – HealthFinder.gov is an online health database provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Data and Statistics – results of studies conducted about health topics. This includes alcohol, birth defects, HIV/AIDS, tobacco and more.
- Healthy People 2030 – Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- Healthy Weight – resources related to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Obesity and Overweight – data and statistics related to obesity as well as strategies for dealing with obesity.
- Physical Activity – CDC resource on the physical fitness guidelines for adults.
- Smoking and Tobacco – KDHE resources to quit using tobacco products as well as statistics about tobacco use.
- Kansas City's Medicine Cabinet – Provides help for low-income, underinsured and uninsured metro area residents. Includes emergency dental care (fillings and extractions), diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment, hearing aids, prescriptions (no controlled substances), vision exam and eyeglasses.
- Health Insurance – Get information on health insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare, and find help paying for medical bills.
- HealthCare.gov – Enroll in health insurance or update your current health insurance plan.
- Health for Seniors – resource page by USA.gov to provide health information. Get help to find doctors, hospitals and healthcare facilities. Learn about options for long term care services, find help with common questions about buying and using medications. Includes ways to get help with prescription drug costs and get Medicare and Medicaid resources.
- Health Information for Older Adults – CDC information related to aging health.
- Physical Activity for Older Adults – CDC physical activity guidelines for older adults.
- Travel Health – Senior Citizens – Travel information for seniors. Includes vaccines, medication, and injury prevention information.
- Parent information – CDC’s information on parenting. Included in this is information about parenting children from pregnancy to age 19.
- Guide to a Happy and Healthy Summer - English / Spanish
- CDC School Health – CDC provided range of school health resources. Includes nutrition, data and statistics and more.