Administrative Development Plan
1. Search Address
Before you create an application, make sure the address for your project is in the ‘unincorporated’ Johnson County area. Enter an address or KUPN number in the location search box provided. If the address returns with ‘Unincorporated Area’ then you can proceed with the permit application process. If your search returns with a ‘City’ name, then use the contact information provide to contact your city planning department.
2. Application Process
Before you Apply
How to Apply
Note: All application material shall be submitted at least 45 days before a scheduled public hearing. Omission of any of the following items may delay the review and processing of the application.
- A complete Administrative Development Plan Application Packet and Procedures
- A complete Zoning Permit Application
- Payment of filing fee. Make check payable to Johnson County Planning Department.
- Letter of Authorization if not the legal owner of the property
- Two (2) Development Plan drawings in accordance with the requirements of Article 15, Sections 3 and 6 of the Zoning Regulations. (Attachment D)
- Legal Description and common street address of the property.
- Written narrative description of proposal.
Articles to Reference
Planning Department Procedures
- The Deputy Director of Planning reviews the development plan request and notifies the applicant whether it is approved or denied. The application may be approved subject to a term and stipulations.
- When Administrative Development Plan Approval is received, the applicant may apply for a building permit. A copy of the Administrative Development Plan Approval and Zoning Permit Application will be attached to the building permit.
- Prior to or concurrent with the Final building permit inspection, the subject real property will be reviewed to determine whether the actual site development conforms with the requirements of the approved development plan. If the site is in conformance with the approved development plan, then the Zoning Permit will be issued.
- The Zoning Permit must be approved before use of the site equipment is allowed.