Travel adventures set in May and June
Sponsored by the Johnson County Park and Recreation Districts 50 Plus Program, upcoming trips will put a little spring in the steps of travelers in May and June.
Travel opportunities include:
- A Day at Crystal Bridges: Visit this gem of an art museum tucked away in Bentonville, Arkansas. Thursday, May 5. $130. Departs at 6 a.m.
- Cow Creek Cowboy Days Festival: Giddy up and go back in times to the days of the Wild West in Pittsburg, Kansas. Saturday, May 7. $95. Departs at 9:30 a.m.
- Safari Adventure: Visit the Safari Zoological Park and the Martin and Osa Johnson Safari Museum in Chanute, Kansas. Thursday, June 2. $112. Departs at 6:30 a.m.
- Redlining - Federal Policy and Its Local Impact: Visit the Black Archives of Mid-America, Kansas City, Missouri, before a guided tour of the Johnson County Museum’s REDLINED exhibit at the Arts and Heritage Center, Overland Park. Wednesday, June 22. $95. Departs at 9:30 a.m.
- Historic Arrow Rock: This town in Saline, Missouri, offers a full day of history exploration. Take a walking tour of the city and dine at the oldest operational restaurant west of the Mississippi. Thursday, June 30. $99.Departs at 7:45 a.m.
- Grandkids Gone Wild at the Sunset Zoo in Manhattan, Kansas: Pack up the grandkids and head off for a day at the zoo. Enjoy a guided tour and see tons of wild creatures. Lunch at AJ’s NY Pizzeria with cost on your own. Tuesday, June 28. $38/ $40 nonresidents. Departs at 9 a.m.
All trips depart from Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam. Day trips are all inclusive including lunch (except zoo trip), tour tickets and gratuity.
Registration is required by calling 913-831-3359 or online by visiting the Daytrip and Social Outing page at https://jcprd.com/169/Travel.