WIC is able to conduct appointments over the phone at this time.
Call for your appointment - 913-826-1302.
WIC is a supplemental food and nutrition education program that provides services to Kansas families who qualify.
WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, new moms, and kids under age 5 healthy. To do this, WIC provides:
- Personalized nutrition information and support
- Benefits to buy healthy food
- Tips for eating well to improve health
- Referrals for services that can benefit the whole family
WIC also offers immunization screening and referral, breastfeeding support, and nutrition and health classes on a variety of topics including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eaters, caring for a new baby, shopping on a budget and more.
We encourage you to take advantage of all that WIC offers:
- WIC Consultations - Find appointment hours, locations and eligibility guidelines.
- Food Packages - To prevent or correct nutrition-related health problems caused by poor nutrition, the WIC program: provides nutritious food packages to supplement participants' diets, provides nutrition education to increase the participants' understanding of nutrition, and encourages regular healthcare and making appropriate referrals.
- Breastfeeding - Breastfeeding is convenient, saves in infant feeding costs, and provides your baby will all the nutrients it needs to grow healthy and strong. Breastfeeding - best for mothers - best for children. If you have any questions or concerns about breastfeeding, call the Olathe WIC office at (913) 477-8330 or the Mission WIC office at (913) 826-1302 and ask to speak to a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative - This program encourages area hospitals to become Baby-friendly and provides resources to guide them through the process. The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) was developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF to promote breastfeeding in the hospital setting and provide mothers with knowledgeable breastfeeding support.
- Food Guide Information - Have you ever wondered what's in a serving?
- eWIC Program - The eWIC program makes it convenient and easy for WIC clients to shop for food items for the entire family using one payment card.
- WIC Community Garden - The WIC Community Garden will educate, empower and feed the clients in the Kansas WIC program.
Extensive research shows that participating in WIC leads to healthier babies, more nutritious diets and better health for children and higher academic achievement for students. Download these facts sheets to learn how WIC works:
WICShopper App for Mobile Devices
The WICShopper app makes grocery shopping simple and easy. Scan food items to verify if they are WIC-eligible, view recipes and get nutrition education right on your mobile device for free.
Kansas Breastfeeding Friendly Practice Designation
The Kansas Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics with the Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition has created this designation that can be earned by medical providers in Kansas who offer breastfeeding support and encouragement to mothers and babies.
Kansas WIC Program – Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Nutrition Education Materials - handouts in both English and Spanish from the Kansas WIC Program.
WIC Health.org - online nutrition education website just for WIC clients.
Baby Steps to Home - a guide to prepare NICU parents for home
WIC Overview for Medical Professionals - Information about the WIC Program for medical professionals