Environmental Records Requests

The Environment Division maintains a comprehensive site investigation database on hazardous materials spills, illegal dumping and other environmental concerns that Environmental staff have responded to. If you are an environmental or engineering firm completing an environmental impact assessment, the following process is followed.

Submit a Request

Your request needs to contain the following information:

  • Site address 
  • Facility name and ownership of site in question
  • Map of site, if available, indicating the site location

Requests can be sent to Brandon Hearn 913-715-6936.

Submit Payment

A fee of $100.00 applies for each address requested. Letter of request and payment can be mailed to Johnson County Department of Health and Environment at 11811 South Sunset Drive, Suite 2700, Olathe, KS  66061. For credit card payment, please call 913-715-6915 or e-mail.

Receive Investigation Information

Upon receipt of the letter of request and audit fee, we will search our Investigations database for all environmental events related to the specific site and within 1/4 mile of the requested site. A letter will then be sent summarizing applicable incidents.

Additional investigation related documents may be available from the city within which the site is located or the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. KDHE can be contacted at 785-842-4600.

If you have any questions about this service, please contact us at 913-715-6936 or email Brandon Hearn.