Schedule a Drop-Off
By Appointment Only:
Note: There is no charge to use this drop-off service. Johnson County residents only. Residents are required to stay in their cars while dropping off waste. Johnson County staff will unload your vehicle.
Staff will not be able to pour off containers during drop-off appointment days. Residents who bring in chemicals that are in containers they want back (ex. gasoline cans) can come back to pick them up at a later date, or if available, staff will provide a replacement container.
View materials accepted at the Johnson County HHW Facility.
If you have questions about our HHW program, call 913-715-6907.
Hours for drop-off, free store and purchasing paint
Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (closed for lunch between noon–1 p.m). This is for all drop off appointments, free store and purchasing paint.
Important things to note:
- Open the second Saturday of each month, March-October, from 8-11:30 a.m.
- Gates will not be opened until 8 a.m.
- Mobile pickup is available to home-bound residents. Call 913-715-6907 for more information.
11231 Mastin St., Overland Park, KS 66210
- East of 69 Highway and College Boulevard.
- Our facility is located inside a secured gate. Please press the call button to announce your appointment upon arrival.
Follow the posted directions at the gate, once the gate opens follow the yellow line and yellow directional signs that will lead you to the facility.
Note: Gates will not be opened until 8 a.m. and will close by 3:30 p.m. Please do not pull up to the gate prior to 8 a.m.
Additional Disposal Options
City of Olathe
The City of Olathe operates a collection facility that currently accepts items from all Johnson County residents. This may be a more convenient option if you live in southern Johnson County. Go to City of Olathe Household Hazardous Collection Facility to learn more. Several other surrounding counties offer Household Hazardous Waste collection. RecycleSpot has information on other area programs.
Re-blended paint for sale
Usable latex paint that is received at the Household Hazardous Waste facility is re-blended and available for purchase. Colors include beige, brown, gray and white, and prices range from $20-35 per five-gallon bucket. Details on the Re-Blended Paint program.
Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (closed for lunch between noon-1 p.m.)
Note: Re-blended paint is not for resale or commercial use.
Important! There will continue to be no charge to drop off latex paint for recycling or for all other items from our free store. These changes only apply to the recycled paint we redistribute.
Shop for free at our free store where you can find all sorts of good quality usable products. Items include, but not limited to: oil, household cleaners, stains, and car care products.
Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (closed for lunch from noon-1 p.m.). Limit 10 items per person.
Electronic waste is not accepted at the Johnson County HHW site.
- Secure e-cycle, which is located near the Household Hazardous Waste facility at: 3052 S. 24th St. Kansas City, KS 66106. Charges apply for TVs, computer monitors, and towers: Please call 913-871-9040 for details regarding hours and charges.
- The City of Olathe accepts electronic waste free of charge from Olathe residents only at their Household Hazardous Waste Facility. By appointment only.
- For additional electronic recycling options, check out our Electronics page or go to RecycleSpot.org.
Business, School, and Non-Residential Waste
We also accept waste from businesses, churches and schools. Interested parties must apply, and disposal fees will be assessed based on the type of chemical and current disposal methods.