Forms and Fees

If you have issues viewing or downloading the application or have other questions, please call 913-715-6900.

Environmental Audit

Air Quality

Hazardous Materials Disposal for Residents

Household hazardous materials drop-off is free to Johnson County residents, by appointment only.

Hazardous Materials Disposal for Business

Note: These fees are for the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator, Kansas Small Quantity Generator program. These fees are subject to change without notice. You must register for this program.

  • Latex paint (100 gallon maximum limit per month) | $0.60/gal
  • Fuels blending-loose pack (oil based paint, stains) | $2.20/gal
  • Fuels blending - bulk (fuel, solvent, thinners) | $0.20/lb
  • Fluorescent bulbs (100 units maximum limit) | $0.10/ft; $0.25/CFL; $1.50/HID lamp
  • Propane cylinders (up to one pound) | $2.00ea
  • Aerosol cans | $1.00ea
  • Mercury (elemental) | $5.75/lb
  • Waste oil (no PCBs) | $0.30/gal
  • Lab Pack - Corrosives | $3.05/lb
  • Lab Pack - Poisons | $1.87/lb
  • Lab Pack - Oxidizers | $2.95/lb
  • Lab Pack - Organic Peroxides and Reactives | $6.85/lb

View a complete pricing schedule, and register to become a Small Quantity Generator.

Records Request

Open Records Request is 50¢ per page

Environmental Sanitary Code

Swimming Pool and Spa Inspection

Septic Systems

Licensed Contractor Lists:

Solid Waste Management

Note: These fees are for initial and annual renewal of licenses and permits pursuant to the Solid Waste Code.

  • Solid Waste Incinerator: $26,000
  • Municipal Solid Waste Landfill: $26,000
  • Industrial Solid Waste Disposal Facility: $1,000
  • Reclamation Facility: $250
  • Solid Waste Processing Facility: $1,000
  • Construction and Demolition Landfill: $500
  • Composting Facility: $250
  • Tree and Brush Disposal Site: $250
  • Materials Recovery Facility: $200
  • Transfer Station (more than 20,000 tons per year): $1,000
  • Transfer Station (20,000 tons or less per year): $250
  • Solid Waste Hauler (1 to 10 vehicles used for residential collection): $100
  • Solid Waste Hauler (11 to 50 vehicles used for residential collection): $250
  • Solid Waste Hauler (Over 50 vehicles used for residential collection): $500
  • Permit Renewal Application for Solid Waste Management Facility
  • License Application for Residential Hauler (must be opened in Adobe Reader)
  • Hauler Tonnage Report Form

Rabies Control

  • Specimen Shipping to Kansas State University (Monday-Thursday): $90
  • Specimen Shipping to Kansas State University (Friday): $105