Programs are budget friendly
If you’re pinching pennies this season, Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s 50 Plus programs offers way to stay active and connected for little to no money needed!
Card and game lovers can drop-in for $1 per visit to play during our fun weekly groups.
Matt Ross Community Center, 8101 Marty, Overland Park
- Pinochle: Mondays, 1-4 p.m.
- Chess: Tuesdays, 8:30-11 a.m.
- Progressive Bridge: Tuesday & Thursday, Noon-4 p.m.
- Cribbage: Friday, 8:30-11 a.m.
Tomahawk Ridge Community Center, 11902 Lowell, Overland Park
- Mah-Jongg: Thursdays & Fridays, 1-4 p.m.
Meadowbrook Park Clubhouse, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village
- Mexican Train Dominoes: Mondays, 1-4 p.m.
- Hand and Foot: Tuesdays, 1-4 p.m.
- Mah Jongg: Wednesdays, 1-4 p.m.
New Century Fieldhouse, 551 New Century Parkway, New Century
- Mah Jongg: Tuesdays, 1-4 p.m.
- Pitch: Wednesdays, 1-4 p.m.
- Hand and Foot: Thursdays, 1-4 p.m.
- Mexican Train Dominoes: Fridays, 1-4 p.m.
Mill Creek Activity Center, 6518 Vista Drive, Shawnee
- Hand and Foot: Mondays & Fridays, 1-4 p.m.
Two virtual programs will be offered for free in November. The first is Coffee and a Gardner on Tuesday, Nov. 8, from 2-3 p.m. During this session, a K-State Research and Extension Master Gardner will be online to discuss your gardening questions.
Jump online to play Scattegories with our 50 Plus staff on Wednesday, Nov. 2, from 10-11 a.m.
Join us at the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center, 8788 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, on Monday, Dec. 12, for a free concert by The New Horizons Concert Band. Visit the Johnson County Museum at the same location on Wednesday, Nov. 23, for Free Day. No tickets or pre-registration required.
Details on all upcoming programs are available online at jcprd.com/50plus.