County parks begin winter hours on Nov. 1
Winter hours of 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. go into effect Nov. 1 for many Johnson County Park and Recreation District parks. The winter hours will stay in effect through Feb. 28.
District parks impacted by the new hours are:
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Road, Olathe
- Kill Creek Park, 11670 Homestead Lane, Olathe
- Lexington Lake Park, 8850 Sunflower Road, De Soto
- Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam
- Big Bull Creek Park, 20425 Sunflower Road, Edgerton
- Meadowbrook Park, 9101 Nall Ave., Prairie Village.
Winter hours for Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee and Lenexa, are 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Other district parks with year-round dawn-to-dusk hours include: Ernie Miller Park, 909 North Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe; Sunflower Nature Park, 103rd Street and Edgerton Road, rural De Soto; Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th St., Overland Park; Camp Branch Glade, 175th Street and Mission Road in Aubry Township; Stilwell Community Park, 207th Street and Metcalf Avenue, Stilwell; and all of the Streamway Park System access points.