Information line offers assistance
For more than 40 years the Area Agency on Aging in Johnson County has offered the public an information line to connect older adults, persons with disabilities and residents in need with community resources in Johnson County and the surrounding area.
The best things about the Information and assistance line are:
- It is available Monday-Friday 8 - 5 p.m.
- Information specialists are ready, and willing to listen and respond to your needs.
- You can call back with every new question you have.
- You get options, perspective and step by step approaches to situations.
- The AAA is connected to other community partners.
- We are always learning, researching and sharing resources. Examples of inquiries the AAA receives:
- Requests for Area Agency on Aging services
- Housing options and retirement living
- Caregiver and memory care support
- Finding assisted living and nursing facilities
- Accessing hearing, vision and dental resources
- Locating legal and financial assistance programs
- Getting healthcare, home health and in-home support
- Meals nutrition food assistance
- Advice on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, veterans programs
- Mental health resources
- Transportation options
Whether you know exactly what you want or don’t know where to start, call 913-715-8861; or see the Aging Resources Guide at https://www.jocogov.org/ and make an online referral.