Five helpful tips for housing searches
1. Expand your search to other areas. Call the national Eldercare Locator number to find resources in other areas at 1-800-677-1116.
2. Dial 211 for community resources, homeless shelters, transition programs and housing crisis hubs in the Kansas City metro area.
3. Find someone you can share space with by word of mouth, classified ads online or in a newspaper, or by using community or church bulletins.
4. Consider Medicaid-supported assisted living or nursing homes if you have health issues.
5. Search online and use computers at the libraries if needed.
Start with these web sites: https://www.hud.gov/, https://www.socialserve.com/, https://kshousingcorp.org/, https://apartmentmapp.com/desktop/#main-listings, https://www.apartments.com/, https://www.forrent.com/.
If you need options or more information, call the Area Agency on Aging’s Information Line at 913-715-8861.