The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
Back Row (Left to Right): Vice-Chairman Lee Harris, Commissioner Mike Moore, Secretary John Wittenborn. Front Row (Left to Right): Chairman Brad Weisenburger, 6th District Johnson County Commissioner Mike Brown, Commissioner Carol Leham
Not Pictured: Treasurer Brett Spence & Commissioner Dennis Kissinger
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2022
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2020
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2020
The June JCAC meeting, to be held at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday June 24, 2020, will consist of a joint meeting with the Board of County Commissioners, immediately followed by a regular JCAC meeting. **Please note the location of the June meeting has changed to 111 S Cherry St, Olathe, KS, Rooms 200 & 201 in the lower level of the County Administration Building.**
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings. The maximum number of attendees allowed will be limited to the current state recommended levels, while maintaining the 6 foot social distancing guidelines. Space will be very limited. Public comment will be heard only during the Airport Commission portion of the meeting.
- Calendar - 2019 2020
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | June- Joint w/BOCC |
- 2020 Minutes- JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY |
- 2019 Agendas- Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov/Dec |
- 2019 Minutes - Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Dec |
- Archive - 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.