The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2023
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2023
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2023
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF
THE JOHNSON COUNTY AIRPORT COMMISSION
Please take notice, that in accordance with the by-laws of the Johnson County Airport Commission, I have called a special meeting of the Johnson County Airport Commission to be held via zoom beginning at 8:30 am on March 30, 2021.
Johnson County Airport Commission
JOHNSON COUNTY AIRPORT COMMISSION
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Zoom Teleconference Meeting
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS NOTICE:
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings. Please join the meeting using Zoom Web Conferencing.
HOW TO ACCESS ZOOM AND/OR UTILIZE THE CALL-IN OPTION
There are two options for joining the Zoom Webinar:
- Through the internet on a computer, tablet or smart phone with video and audio.
- By telephone with audio.
To join the live Zoom Webinar utilizing a PC, Mac, iPad, or smartphone:
- Click on the following link or enter the URL address in your browser window:
Enter Passcode: 738272
Or access Zoom.com and click “Join A Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID#: 917 0619 5908
Please allow time to set up the Zoom application on your computer or phone if you have not previously used Zoom.
If your computer does not have a microphone and you are requesting to speak, you will need to call in on a phone number below to use as a microphone.
To join the live Zoom Webinar using a telephone:
- Dial the call-in phone number: 346-248-7799
- When prompted, provide the following Webinar ID#: 917 0619 5908
For technical assistance with the Zoom meeting access, you may call the Johnson County staff at 913-715-9666.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE MARCH 30, 2020 JCAC MEETING
The agenda for the March 30, 2021 Johnson County Airport Commissioners’ meeting includes agenda items that the public may participate in and offer comments on by joining the Zoom Webinar. Members of the public who want to watch the meeting but do not wish to comment should use the online broadcast links listed.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENTS
- Public “live” comments for the March 30, 2021 meeting will be accepted only for those who have pre-registered. Individuals wishing to speak may register by sending their full name, business name (if applicable), physical address, and agenda item/topic being addressed to [email protected]. Registration closes at noon (12:00 pm) on Monday March 29, 2021.
- The Commission has established a limit of 10 speakers limited to 3 minutes of time and audio only. If more than 10 speakers attempt to register, the slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. If your registration is completed successfully, you will receive an email confirmation by 4:00 pm on Monday March 29, 2021 that includes instructions on speaking during the meeting. If an attempt to register is not successful due to the 10-speaker limit, your email response will include this information. You must have and log in with a registered Zoom account in order to participate in “live” public comments.
- If you would like to make a written public comment for the meeting, please send your comments along with your full name, business name (if applicable), and physical address to [email protected] no later than noon (12:00 pm) on Monday March 29, 2021. If email is not an option, you may call 913-715-6004 and we will record your information and comments for distribution as a written comment. Written comments will be shared with the commissioners prior to the meeting but will not be read into public record during the meeting.
- 2021 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2021 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- 2020 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- Archive - 2019 | 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Jan-Mar | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.