The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2023
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2023
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2023
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF
THE JOHNSON COUNTY AIRPORT COMMISSION
Please take notice, that in accordance with the by-laws of the Johnson County Airport Commission, I have called a special meeting of the Johnson County Airport Commission to be held via zoom beginning at 3:30 p.m on December 15, 2020.
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings and we will be conducting the Dec 15, 2020 meeting as a Zoom Teleconference Meeting only.
HOW TO ACCESS ZOOM AND/OR UTILIZE THE CALL-IN OPTION
There are two options for joining the Zoom Webinar:
- Through the internet on a computer, tablet or smart phone with video and audio.
- By telephone with audio.
To join the live Zoom Webinar utilizing a PC, Mac, iPad, or smartphone:
- Click on the following link or enter the URL address in your browser window:
- Enter Passcode: 804872
Or access Zoom.com and click “Join A Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID#: 994 1994 3731
Please allow time to set up the Zoom application on your computer or phone if you have not previously used Zoom.
If your computer does not have a microphone and you are requesting to speak, you will need to call in on a phone number below to use as a microphone.
To join the live Zoom Webinar using a telephone:
- Dial the call-in phone number: 346-248-7799
- When prompted, provide the following Webinar ID#: 994 1994 3731
For technical assistance with the Zoom meeting access, you may call the Johnson County staff at 913-715-9666.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE DECEMBER 15, 2020 JCAC MEETING
Due to the nature of this special meeting, no public comments will be heard. Public comments will resume as part of the next meeting scheduled for January 27th, 2021.
- 2021 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2021 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- 2020 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- Archive - 2019 | 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Jan-Mar | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.