The Johnson County Board of Commissioners established the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC) on July 18, 1967, to operate, manage, and develop Executive Airport when it was transferred to the County by the City of Olathe. The JCAC also assumed responsibility in 1973 for Olathe Naval Air Station after it was deactivated and transferred to Johnson County. What was originally Johnson County Industrial Airport is now known as New Century AirCenter.
The following is a list of current Airport Commission members.
1st District Commissioner
Lee Harris, Vice Chairman
Beginning Date: August 2013 Term Expires: July 2022
2nd District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2002 Term Expires: July 2023
3rd District Commissioner
Brett Spence, Treasurer
Beginning Date: July 2014 Term Expires: July 2023
4th District Commissioner
Beginning Date: August 2019 Term Expires: July 2022
5th District Commissioner
John Wittenborn, Secretary
Beginning Date: July 2003 Term Expires: July 2015
6th District Commissioner
Brad Weisenburger, Chairman
Beginning Date: September 2003 Term Expires: July 2021
Chairman Appointed Commissioner
Beginning Date: January 2018 Term Expires: July 2023
Next Meeting Scheduled For:
Monday, October 27, 2021
Johnson County Airport Commission Board Room & Zoom Teleconference
1 New Century Parkway, New Century, KS & Zoom Details (below)
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS NOTICE:
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking action to minimize attendance at the Airport Commission meetings. Please join the meeting using Zoom Web Conferencing if able to do so.
HOW TO ACCESS ZOOM AND/OR UTILIZE THE CALL-IN OPTION
There are two options for joining the Zoom Webinar:
- Through the internet on a computer, tablet or smart phone with video and audio.
- By telephone with audio.
To join the live Zoom Webinar utilizing a PC, Mac, iPad, or smartphone:
- Click on the following link or enter the URL address in your browser window:
https://zoom.us/j/97575566337 and Enter Passcode: 152434
- Or access Zoom.com and click “Join A Meeting”.
Enter the Meeting ID#: 975 7556 6337
Please allow time to set up the Zoom application on your computer or phone if you have not previously used Zoom.
If your computer does not have a microphone and you are requesting to speak, you will need to call in on a phone number below to use as a microphone.
To join the live Zoom Webinar using a telephone:
- Dial the call-in phone number: 346-248-7799
- When prompted, provide the following Webinar ID#: 975 7556 6337
For technical assistance with the Zoom meeting access, you may call the Johnson County staff at 913-715-9666.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT THE OCTOBER 27, 2021 JCAC MEETING
The agenda for the October 27, 2021 Johnson County Airport Commissioners’ meeting includes agenda items that the public may participate in and offer comments on either in person or by joining the Zoom Webinar. ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS WILL NEED TO PRE-REGISTER EITHER VIA EMAIL OR BY PHONE NO LATER THAN NOON TUESDAY OCTOBER 26, 2021, OR PRIOR TO THE START OF THE MEETING FOR IN PERSON COMMENTS.
HOW TO PROVIDE PUBLIC COMMENTS
- Public comments made in person will need to provide their name and address on the sign-up sheet prior to the start of the meeting.
- Public online “live” comments for the Oct 27, 2021 meeting will be accepted only for those who have pre-registered. Individuals wishing to speak online may register by sending their full name, business name (if applicable), physical address, and agenda item/topic being addressed to [email protected]. Registration closes at 12:00 pm CDT on Tuesday Oct 26, 2021. You will receive an email confirmation by 5:00 pm on Tuesday Oct 26, 2021 that includes instructions on speaking during the meeting.
- If you would like to make a written public comment for the meeting, please send your comments along with your full name, business name (if applicable), and physical address to [email protected] no later than 5:00 pm CDT on Monday Oct 25, 2021. If email is not an option, you may call 913-715-6004 and we will record your information and comments for distribution as a written comment. Written comments will be shared with the commissioners prior to the meeting but will not be read into public record during the meeting.
- 2021 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT Special Meeting | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2021 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR Special Meeting #1 | MAR | MAR Special Meeting #2 | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT Special Meeting | OCT | NOV/DEC
- 2020 Agenda - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- 2020 Minutes - JAN | FEB | MAR | APR | MAY | JUN | JUL Special Meeting | JUL | AUG | SEP | OCT | NOV/DEC | DEC Special Meeting
- Archive - 2019 | 2018: Jan-Jun | 2018: Jul-Dec | 2017: Jan-Jun |2017: Jul-Dec | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991: Jan-Mar | 1991: Apr-Jun | 1991: Jul-Dec | 1990: Jan-Jun | 1990: Jul-Dec | 1989 | 1988 | 1987 | 1986 | 1985 | 1984 | 1983 | 1982 | 1981 | 1980 | 1979 | 1978 | 1977 | 1976 | 1975 | 1974 | 1973 | 1972 | 1971 | 1970 | 1969 | 1968 | 1967
Disclaimer: The electronic format of the Airport Commission Board Agenda, Minutes and Calendar are provided as a public service. This information does not constitute an official record of the Airport Commission Board, and no warranty or guarantee of any kind is provided. For official Airport Commission Board records, please contact the Johnson County Airport Commission Administration Office at (913) 715-6000. Persons who may need assistance, the use of a sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact (913) 715-6000, at least two (2) business days prior to the meeting.