Located at 151st Street and Pflumm Road, between the cities of Olathe and Overland Park, Kansas, Executive Airport is in the heart of Johnson County's economic belt and is the choice for many corporate, business and general aviation users. With over 40,000 annual operations and approximately 120 based aircraft, Johnson County Executive Airport is traditionally the fourth busiest towered airport in the state of Kansas.
The airport is located on approximately 500 acres of land with a 4,097' single runway, parallel taxiways, Federal contract air traffic control tower, and medium intensity airfield lighting. Localizer/DME approaches are available from the north and the south. The JCAC Maintenance Shop is located at 15335 Pflumm Road in Olathe, KS 66062.
Executive Airport is home to two full service FBOs. In addition to all standard aircraft services, airport businesses offer air charter, aircraft sales, and flight instruction services from smaller single-engine aircraft up to corporate jets.
Originally named Morse Field, Johnson County Executive Airport was constructed in the early 1940's as a Naval auxiliary field during World War II in support of the Olathe Naval Air Station, which is now New Century AirCenter. The airport was deeded to the City of Olathe in 1951 and from the city to Johnson County in 1967. At that time, the Board of County Commissioners created the Johnson County Airport Commission to manage, operate, and improve the airport.
Improvements to the airport over the last 20 years include:
- 2021 - 2025 - Taxiway Alpha construction began in April of 2021 and was completed in early October. Taxiway Bravo construction will begin in the spring of 2022 and will include the realignment of Taxiway Charlie and Taxiway Delta and the removal of Taxiway Echo. Westside hangars K & L are scheduled to be replaced in 2022, with hangars M & N being replaced in 2023.
- 2010 - 2020 - Runway 18/36 was replaced with a new concrete runway and localizer with MALSR lighting system in 2018. Rehabilitation of the West Taxilane and NE Apron in 2016.
- 2000 - 2010 - Apron rehabilitation in 2009
2017 KDOT Economic Benefits provided to the Community by the Airport
Following is a list of resident aviation businesses at Executive Airport:
- Airfield Technology - Flight Inspection Systems and Navigation Aids
- Empyrean Aero L.L.C. - Flight Instruction, Rental, Sightseeing, and Aircraft Management
- Executive Aircraft Engines, Inc. - Aircraft Engine Repair
- Executive Aircraft Services - Full Service Fixed Base Operator
- Heartland Airplanes, L.L.C. - Aircraft Sales and Acquisitions
- Kansas City Aviation Center - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator
- Mead Aviation - Aircraft maintenance, parts & support for Piper PA-46 series
- Mendon Aviation - Fixed Base Operator
- Midwest Air Traffic Control Services, Inc - Flight Tower Operations
- Twist Air - Aircraft sales