The Johnson County Free Store is currently open with the following conditions:
- If there are multiple cars waiting, residents must stay in their cars until the store is empty.
- 10 item maximum per customer.
It's FREE to the public, even to those living outside of Johnson County.
Many Types of Products are Available
- Arts and crafts
- Automotive chemicals such as antifreeze, oil, etc.
- Home improvement products such as grout, adhesives, caulking, etc.
- Household cleaners
- Lawn and garden chemicals (no pesticides or poisons)
- And much more
No appointment is necessary to shop in the FREE Store. We are open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. (closed for lunch from noon-1 p.m.)
Note: Appointment still needed to drop off material. Schedule an appointment
5901 Jim Bills Rd., Mission, KS 66203
Just off Foxridge Drive and Lamar
Located within the Nelson Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Re-blended Paint Program
Usable latex paint that is dropped off at the Household Hazardous Waste facility is processed on-site and available for purchase.
CREDIT AND CHECK ONLY, NO CASH
White Paint - $35
Beige Paint - $25
Gray Paint - $30
Brown Paint - $20
Various Colors - $25 (colors vary, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink)
There will continue to be NO CHARGE to drop off latex paint or any other household hazardous waste product for recycling. All items available in the FREE Store will continue to be FREE.