The Johnson County Free Store is currently open with the following conditions:
- Please park in the front of the building, do not enter through the gate
- If there are multiple cars waiting, residents must stay in their cars until the store is empty.
- 10 item maximum per customer.
NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED FOR FREE STORE
It's free to the public, even to those living outside of Johnson County.
Many types of products are available
- Arts and crafts
- Automotive chemicals such as antifreeze, oil, etc.
- Home improvement products such as grout, adhesives, caulking, etc.
- Household cleaners
- Lawn and garden chemicals (no pesticides or poisons)
- And much more
No appointment is necessary to shop in the free store. We are open Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (closed for lunch from noon-1 p.m.)
Note: Appointment still needed to drop off material. Schedule an appointment.
11231 Mastin St., Overland Park, KS 66210
East of 69 Highway and College Boulevard
Re-Blended Paint Program
Usable latex paint that is dropped off at the Household Hazardous Waste facility is processed on-site and available for purchase.
Credit and check only, no cash:
- White Paint: $35
- Beige Paint: $25
- Gray Paint: $30
- Brown Paint: $20
- Various Colors: $25 (colors vary: blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink)
There will continue to be no charge to drop off latex paint or any other household hazardous waste product for recycling. All items available in the free store will continue to be free.