Visitation Guidance Update
Wednesday - Apr. 14, 2021
JCDS remains committed to protecting the health and safety of the individuals we serve and our staff. We appreciate your support and understanding of the safeguards in place to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. We ask that visitors agree to the following visitation guidelines:
- Please reschedule visit if you are currently experiencing COVID or flu-like symptoms, have tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days or have recently been in close contact with someone who has symptoms or tested positive.
- Visits are the Elmore Center must be coordinated through the Team Leader. Visitors will be escorted to and from a conference room by a JCDS staff.
- While inside JCDS day and residential service locations, visitors must continuously wear a facemask and stay physically distanced from staff and other individuals in the location.
- Friends and family are welcomed to visit with their loved ones outside residential locations in the driveways or yards and may do so mask-free if they are able to maintain physical distancing from staff and other housemates.
- If individuals are experiencing COVID related symptoms after they return from a home visit, they will be asked to stay in their room and away from housemates until they can be tested. Once a negative test is received, they will no longer be asked to quarantine from their housemates.
- During home visits/excursions, we request that responsible parties comply with local, state and Federal guidelines including but not limited to:
- Wearing face masks that cover the mouth and nose while in public and ensuring 6ft of physical distance from others.
- Frequently washing hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds after blowing nose, sneezing, coughing, going to the bathroom, and before and after preparing food or eating.
- Having access to, and using, hand sanitizer when handwashing is not possible.
- Avoiding crowds and high traffic times in public places such as restaurants and retail stores.
- When participating in activities that require removal of facemask (i.e. dining or swimming) ensuring that physical distance is maintained.
Please understand these guidelines are in place to protect your friend/family member and their housemates and staff. We urge you to continue to use good judgment and always consider the safest alternative when going to public places. These same expectations apply to JCDS staff when assisting individuals to participate in activities outside the home or the Elmore Center.
If you have questions or need additional clarification, please reach out to Shelly May, Deputy Director or call 913-826-2633.