Facebook Social Icon Instagram Icon Twitter Social Icon You Tube Social Icon

Aging and Human Services

Central Office: 913-715-8800

11811 S. Sunset Drive, Suite 1300, Olathe, Kansas 66061

You are here

Preparing for Your Appointment

Johnson County Human Services Multi-Services Centers provide utility assistance and food pantry to qualifying residents. 

Qualifications to receive services:
  • Must be a Johnson County resident
  • Must be at or below 200% of poverty level  and provide income verification from the previous 30 days
  • Must provide photo ID's for members 18+ in the household
  • Must provide Social Security cards for all members of the household
  • Must have made a payment on utility bill (in the last 90 days) to receive utility assistance
  • Bill must not exceed the maximum amount of funding available
All services are provided by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 913-715-6653. 



Before your appointment, please gather the following documents. All documents must be provided before we are able to assist you. Appointments will be rescheduled if you are unable to produce the needed documentation.

1) Proof of residency documentation that includes client's name and street address (dated within the last 30 days)

Provide one of the following:

  • Utility Bill (for utility assistance)
  • Current lease that is in the client’s name 
  • Another official correspondence - such as government correspondence (example: IRS, DCF, or Social Security) 


2) Picture ID for adults (18 yrs & older) in Household:

Provide one of the following:

  • Driver license or expired driver license if the picture is recognizable. 
  • Passport – current /expired 
  • Military ID with social security number on it
  • State ID
  • Corrections ID

* If a member of the household is 18 years of age and NOT in high school then official picture ID is required  


3) Proof of income for last 30 days for all adults in household 18 years and older  (exception students in high school)

Provide all that apply:

  • Paycheck stub – Payments/ pay stubs received in the last 30 days.   
  • Social Security Administration (SSA) benefit letter for the current year
  • Unemployment letter – online Pay Card report 
  • DCF cash benefit letter or print out from ebtedge.com
  • Bank statement – Bank statement must be within last 30 days, and can be used for self-employed or pension.  All deposits are considered income. Must include client’s name on the bank statement.
  • Proof of child support from KANPAY system or bank statement showing deposits of child support.
  • Cash Payment - If employee is paid cash: copies of the checks or letter from employer stating their income for the last 30 days.  The number of hours worked and hourly rate for last 30 days should be included on the letter.
  • Self-Employment – clients can use personal bank statements to verify income.  



During COVID-19, Outreach Services staff are practicing social distancing by collecting paperwork prior to appointments. Utility Assistance appointments are encouraged to be completed over the telephone during a scheduled appointment. Food Pantry appointments are completed in person with minimal physical contact with staff. 

Before your appointment, please review, print, and sign the following documents:

Outreach Services Client Agreement Form - English, Spanish

MAACLink Client Consent and Release of Information Form - English, Spanish 

If you do not have access to a printer, our staff may receive verbal consent over the telephone in lieu of a signed form.