Johnson County Home-Delivered Meals
The Area Agency on Aging provides home-delivered meals to frail and elderly homebound residents, age 60+ and their spouse. An evaluation of need must be completed by an Area Agency on Aging assessor to qualify for home-delivered meals. Staff and volunteers deliver meals between 10:45 am and 12:00 noon, Monday through Friday.
Meals are planned to meet the nutritional needs of older adults. Diabetic meals are available.
The Monthly Menus and Nutrition Education is sent to all Meals on Wheels clients and are posted here online:
- March 2021 Nutrition Menu
- March 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- February 2021 Nutrition Menu
- February 2021 Breakfast Menu & Nutrition Education
- Menu Descriptions for January - March 2021
- To request Home-Delivered Meals or find out more about the service, call the Aging Information line at Aging Information Specialists 913-715-8861 or toll free 1-888-214-4404
- To request a stop or a change in meal delivery, call 913-715-8896 .
- To volunteer to deliver meals call the Volunteer Coordinator at 913-715-8895 . Volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
- Current Home-Delivered Meals Volunteers: 913-715-8895
- All other questions, Contact Aging Information.
The suggested donation for a person age 60+ and their spouse is $3 per meal. No one is denied a meal if they are unable to donate. Meals are funded in part through the Older Americans Act and the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services.
Meal Delivery Cancellations:
Meal delivery is cancelled during bad weather if road or weather conditions are hazardous.
- “Blizzard meals” consist of shelf stable food items and are delivered at the beginning of winter. They are to be used in the event that a hot meal can not be delivered.
- Listen to the following radio stations: KCMO AM-710, KCMO FM-94.9 or KMBZ AM 980, or watch the following TV stations: KMBC-TV 9, KSHB-TV 41 or WDAF-TV 4 regarding the cancellation of Johnson County Home-Delivered Meals. OR
- The Central Olathe Office may also be called at 913-715-8896 if there are questions regarding meal delivery.