Located at 151st Street and Pflumm Road, between the cities of Olathe and Overland Park, Kansas, Executive Airport is in the heart of Johnson County's economic belt and is the choice for many corporate, business, and general aviation users. With over 40,000 annual operations and approximately 210 based aircraft, Johnson County Executive Airport is the fourth busiest towered airport in the state of Kansas.
The JCAC Maintenance Shop is located at 15335 Pflumm Road in Olathe, KS 66062.
Click here to see the 2017 KDOT Economic Benefits provided to the Community from the Airport.
- Table of Content
- Chapter 1 - Inventory
- Chapter 2 - Forecasts
- Chapter 3 - Requirements
- Chapter 4 - Alternatives
- Chapter 5 - Facility Plans
- Chapter 6 - Financial Plans
Facilities: The airport is located on approximately 500 acres of land with a 4,100' single runway, parallel taxiways, Federal contract air traffic control tower, and medium intensity airfield lighting. Localizer/DME approaches are available from the north and the south.
Services: In addition to all standard aircraft services, airport businesses offer air charter, aircraft sales, and flight instruction services from smaller single-engine aircraft up to corporate jets.
History: Originally constructed as a Naval auxiliary field during World War II, the airport was deeded to the City of Olathe in 1951 and from the city to Johnson County in 1967. The Board of County Commissioners created the Johnson County Airport Commission to manage, operate, and improve the airports. With over 50,000 annual operations and approximately 210 based aircraft, the airport is the third busiest in the state of Kansas.
Improvements: Improvements to the airport include a new concrete runway and localizer with MALSR lighting system. The west parallel taxiway was reconstructed and a holding bay added to the south end for improved traffic handling.
T-Hangars: The County owns and operates a total of 218 T-Hangars at both Johnson County airports. Aircraft owners wanting to rent a T-Hangar should call (913) 715-6000 to check availability or email email@example.com. View the T-Hangar Waiting List Policy for additional information or download the following documents: Executive Airport (OJC) Map Layout, 2019 Rental Rates, 2020 Rental Rates , T-Hangar Waitlist Request, T-Hangar Maintenance Request, or Contact Information Update.
Aviation Businesses: Following is a list of resident aviation businesses at Executive Airport:
- Air Associates, L.L.C. - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator
- Airfield Technology - Flight Inspection Systems and Navigation Aids
- Dynamic Aero, Inc. - Specialized Aviation Service Operator
- Executive Aircraft Engines, Inc. - Aircraft Engine Repair
- Heartland Airplanes, L.L.C. - Aircraft Sales and Acquisitions
- Heartland Helicopters - Helicopter flight training, local tours and discovery flights
- KCAC Aviation - Full-Service Fixed Base Operator
- KCCopters - "A Johnny Rowlands Company" specializing in helicopter training, professional pilot program, tours, KMBC-9 helicopter, and helicopter fleet
- Red Rock Helicopter, LLC - Helicopter maintenance, inspections, overhauls and rebuild