Erosion and Sediment Controls are required when disturbing land in Johnson County. A “Land Disturbing Activity" is any activity that changes the physical conditions of land form, vegetation and hydrology, creates bare soil, or otherwise may cause erosion or sedimentation.
Such activities include, but are not limited to, clearing, removal of vegetation, stripping, grading, grubbing, excavating, filling, logging and storing of materials.
Disturbing less than one acre
- Certification Form - For small sites (less than one acre)
Disturbing greater than one acre
- Johnson County Land Disturbance Permit Application - Application must be submitted at least 60 days before starting construction. Land Disturbance Permit fee is $250.
Forms required prior to permit issuance:
- Land Disturbance Permit - Owner Authorization (developer built projects)
- Land Disturbance Permit – Utility Authorization (utility built/funded projects only)
Form required prior to terminate permit:
- Certificate of Completion (Application to Terminate Permit)