Education and Outreach
The Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) offers a variety of unpaid student internships and public health rotations that provide opportunities for skill development and shadowing/observing public health professionals. We have a responsibility to our community to encourage the development of students in a variety of disciplines at every educational level, to support public health needs.
With approval from your instructor, these experiences will be aligned with the needs of your course and our resources in enhancing individuals according to the Core Competences of Public Health Professionals.
Internships and rotations will operate remotely and/or at any of the following JCDHE locations:
- Health Services Building (HSB)
11875 S. Sunset Drive, Olathe, KS 66061
- Sunset Drive Office Building (SDOB)
11811 S. Sunset Drive, Olathe, KS 66061
- North East Office (NEO)
6000 Lamar Ave., Mission, KS 66202
- Household Hazardous Waste Site (HHW)
5901 Foxridge Drive, Shawnee, KS 66203
- Medical Examiner's Office (MEO)
11894 S Sunset Dr, Olathe, KS 66061
How do I know if I need to apply for an Internship or a Rotation with JCDHE?
|Require 100 hours or more||Are less than 100 hours|
|Will have one or more deliverables||Do not necessarily require deliverables|
Now that I know what to apply for, how do I get started?
- Select your current level of education in the navigation bar to the left to see what opportunities best match your needs and interests.
- Select the Application Information link in the same navigation bar to see if we have a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with your school and then follow the Application Process.
For additional questions, please email the education coordinator or call 913-477-8337.