Motion for Medical & Dental Reimbursement

Divorce and paternity customers needing to modify their court orders can find the required Pro-Se paperwork available in the Hearing Officer Office, located in the new courthouse at 150 West Santa Fe St., Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061 or on the Help Center's website

The Divorce Decree/Property Settlement Agreement or Paternity order must include language regarding responsibility for these bills by either party. Absent the inclusive language, it is assumed that the custodial parent is responsible for the bills.

Are you representing yourself?

As a pro se party, you are representing yourself in a court hearing, and you will need to complete all of the necessary Pro-se forms: 

  • Motion and Notice of Hearing
  • Request and service instruction form
  • Return of Service for certified mail
  • A copy of the page(s) in your divorce decree/property settlement agreement or paternity order which states that the party shall be responsible for the medical/dental expenses, copies of the medical/dental bills which have been paid
  • A copy of a statement wherein a request was made in writing for payment of these bills and the same has been refused.

All parties to the case and their attorneys of record must be served with this paperwork. Instructions are included with the Pro-Se forms.

COST: no cost to file this paperwork.

Hearing Date

Obtain a court date/time from the Hearing Officer's Office by calling 913-715-3668 or 913-715-3669.

Generally, a court date/time may be obtained within 4 - 6 weeks.

What if you disagree with the decision?

You have the right to request a rehearing or appeal.