The Johnson County Courthouse stands at the corner of Sante Fe and Kansas Ave. in downtown Olathe, KS. The courthouse was built in four phases, expanding to meet the growing needs of the county. In 1951, the original courthouse (see below) was demolished to make way for a more modern structure. A second addition was added in 1954. Two more additions came along, the first in 1968 and the second, the eight story tower, was started in 1972 and completed in 1976.
The Courthouse is home to the County's district courts system, housing all of its court rooms and court services, the District Attorney's office, the law library and much of the Sheriff's operations. The public entrance to the courthouse is on the south side of the building.