Modification of Child Support/Maintenance (Alimony)

Divorce and paternity customers needing to modify their court orders can find the required Pro-Se paperwork available in the Hearing Officer Office, located in the new courthouse at 150 West Santa Fe St., Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061 or on the Help Center's website

Are you representing yourself?

As a pro se party, you are representing yourself in a court hearing, and you will need to complete all of the necessary Pro-se forms: 

  • Motion and Notice of Hearing
  • Domestic Relations Affidavit
  • Child Support Worksheet
  • Child Care Verification
  • Employer Verification
  • Request and Service Instruction Form
  • Return of Service for certified mail

All parties to the case and their attorneys of record must be served with this paperwork. Instructions are included with the Pro-Se forms.

COST: $62.00 cash/money order due at time of filing of paperwork.

Hearing Date

Obtain a court date/time from the Hearing Officer's Office by calling 913-715-3668 or 913-715-3669.

Generally, a court date/time may be obtained within 4 - 6 weeks.

What to bring to your hearing

You must bring to the court hearing your paycheck stub (with year-to-date totals) and last year's income tax records.

What if you disagree with the decision?

You have the right to request a rehearing or appeal.