Enforcement of Visitation/Parenting Time Orders

Divorce and paternity customers needing to modify their court orders can find the required Pro-Se paperwork available in the Hearing Officer Office, located in the new courthouse at 150 West Santa Fe St., Suite 1300, Olathe, KS 66061 or on the Help Center's website


The term "visitation" will now generally only refer to that time a non-parent is allowed to spend with a child. (i.e. grandparents, aunts, uncles etc).

Parenting Time Orders

The term "parenting time" is the term used to describe the time a parent spends with the child and refers both to the time spent in primary residency and what was previously termed as parental visitation.

The Divorce Decree/Property Settlement Agreement or Paternity order must include language regarding parenting time, whether it is titled reasonable visitation, or guideline visitation, or more specific instructions. Absent the inclusive language, you will first need to get an Order for Parenting Time from the District Court Judge assigned to your case before you can use the Motion to Enforce Parenting Time. Call your attorney if you need to get such an Order.

Are you representing yourself?

As a pro se party, you are representing yourself in a court hearing, and you will need to complete all of the necessary Pro-se forms: 

  • Motion and Notice of Hearing
  • Request and Service Instruction Form
  • Return of Service for certified mail

All parties to the case and their attorneys of record must be served with this paperwork. Instructions are included with the Pro-Se forms.

COST: No cost to file this paperwork.


Would you prefer to go to mediation? Add that request to the Motion to Enforce Parenting Time.

Hearing Date

Obtain a court date/time from the Hearing Officer's Office by calling 913-715-3668 or 913-715-3669.

Generally, a court date/time may be obtained within 4 - 6 weeks.

 By Kansas Statute, hearings must be set within 21 days of filing of the paperwork

What if you disagree with the decision?

You have the right to request a rehearing or appeal.