The Johnson County Developmental Supports (JCDS) Governing Board was established in 1971 by the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC), pursuant to Section 19-4001, Kansas Statutes Annotated, for the purpose of providing intellectual and developmental disabilities services to the residents of Johnson County, Kansas.
JCDS is guided by a seven-member Governing Board who are appointed to three-year terms by the BOCC. The board governs under the administrative, financial, and other operational policies adopted by the BOCC.
The JCDS Governing Board meets on a monthly basis, generally excluding the months of July and December. For specific dates, times, and locations, contact the Senior Executive Assistant, Shelly Toft at 913-826-2641 or email [email protected], as these are subject to change.
Persons who may need assistance, the use of sign language or oral interpreter, or who require special accommodations, should contact 913-826-2641 at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
Current Governing Board Members
|Chairperson||District 4||Rick Marien||08/31/2024|
|Vice-Chairperson||District 3||Michael Hughes||08/31/2023|
|Treasurer||District 6||Dale Chaffin||08/31/2023|
|Secretary||District 7||Gayle Richardson||08/31/2025|
|Member||District 1||Kyle Russell||08/31/2023|
|Member||District 2||Debbie Scott Williams||08/31/2025|
|Member||District 5||Aderonke "Kiki" Oyetunji||08/31/2023|
2022 Agendas and Minutes
|February Agenda||February Minutes|
|March Agenda||March Minutes|
|April Agenda||April Minutes|
|May Agenda||May Minutes|
|June Agenda||June Minutes|
|No July Meeting|
|August Agenda||August Minutes|
|September Agenda||September Minutes|
|October Agenda||October Minutes|
|November Agenda||November Minutes|
|No December Meeting|
Interested in Serving on the Board?
Those interested in serving on the board are expected to support and actively promote the mission and vision of the agency. A position on the board will be a very rewarding experience for those individuals seeking to make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable citizens in our community. Board members will be appointed by the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) and have a responsibility to the public, the BOCC, the citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and/or guardians.
Board members shall be responsible for:
- Establishing policies for the operation of the agency.
- Annually reporting on services to the BOCC.
- Preparing strategic plans and budgets within county and state requirements.
- Hire, support, and evaluate the agency’s Executive Director.
- Provide oversight of operations of the agency.
- Promote the agency and its programs in fundraising and other activities.
A board member must comply with:
- All Conflict of Interest policies and procedures; exercising the utmost good faith in performing their duties with no expectation of financial or other profit from the relationship.
- Policies and procedures relative to specific agency and employee requirements.
- Policies and procedures restricting involvement with the agency’s clientele and family except as specified.
- Policies restricting media communications relative to the agency, the county, and the individuals and their families served.
- Attendance regulations to board and special called meetings and other events as necessary.