Experienced professionals dedicated to empowering individuals to lead enriched, interdependent, healthy, safe and choice-driven lives
The JCDS case management team is comprised of degreed, experienced professionals, who are dedicated to empowering individuals to lead enriched, interdependent, healthy, safe and choice-driven lives. We take pride in providing responsive customer service, arranging for an extensive variety of individualized services, and developing close working relationships with each person and their support network of family, employers, teachers, and service providers.
What Case Managers Do
Case managers provide support and assistance to the individual with the developmental disability, their guardians, and families to:
- Discover the person’s lifestyle preferences, strengths, skills, behavioral, health, safety, and resource needs.
- Identify and access resources and opportunities needed to increase independence, productivity, inclusion and integration.
- Develop a person centered plan to meet personal goals and support needs.
- Evaluate the implementation of the person’s plan and their satisfaction with services and supports.
- Monitor services for quality, responsive, and individualized supports.
JCDS provides targeted case management services to children and adults with a developmental disability and with all types of disabilities and levels of support needs. If you have JCDS case management, you may choose to receive your other services by any service provider licensed with the State of Kansas and affiliated with the Johnson County CDDO. It is your choice!
JCDS case managers can provide Independent Living Counseling for individuals in the Medicaid WORK program, and Community Service Coordination for individuals on the STEPS program. A private pay option is also available for individuals who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Check out the video below to see a closer look at JCDS's case management and role as a CDDO: