Renew a License
Renewal or reinstatement of all licenses begin on Oct. 1 for the following calendar year. A late fee of $75 is applied after Jan. 31.
Renewals received online OR mailed into the office will be returned and not completed if our office does not have all required information on file. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Proof of Approved Continuing Education
- Updated Insurance (general liability and/or work comp)
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Secretary of State (if applicable)
License Fee: $225 License Fee (each license, not each Qualified Individual)
Fees are non-refundable. Applications postmarked or received at the counter after Jan. 31 will be subject to a $75 late fee.
- Methods of Payment: Cash, checks and money orders. Credit cards can be accepted for online or office transactions only. (We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover)
- Payable to: Johnson County Contractor Licensing
Unless an expired license is renewed within one year of its expiration, the contractor shall be required to complete a new application and satisfy all of the existing contractor licensing requirements.