Building Codes

For Businesses

Submitted by Brett.Williams… on Mon, 11/01/2021 - 15:04
An overview of the services and programs Johnson County, Kansas provides to business and how to do business with the county.

Pay Online

Submitted by Brett.Williams… on Thu, 10/21/2021 - 07:30
Pay online for county services, fees, and taxes.

Swimming Pool Permit

A swimming pool is any structure intended for swimming or recreational bathing that contains water over 24 inches (610 mm) deep. This includes in-ground, above ground and on-ground swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas. Any pool 24” deep or more requires a permit. Apply for a swimming pool permit.

Solar Installation Permit

Construction of a photovoltaic (PV) system needs requires a permit for all use cases in unincorporated Johnson County.

Roofing, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Permit

All roofing, electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors must be licensed with Johnson County Contractor Licensing. Permits will require plan review, therefore a set of plans and a plan review fee will be required at the time of application. Apply for a permit.

Residential Remodel Permit

A residential remodel can include an exterior porch, attached garage, sunroom, interior remodel, additions, and basement finishes. Apply for a residential remodel permit.

Demolition Permit

A building permit is required for demolition of all structures within Johnson County unincorporated area. Apply for a demolition permit.

Commercial Building Permit

A building permit must be obtained from the Development Services Building Safety Division for nearly all types of “commercial” new building construction, additions, remodeling or repair work prior to the start of construction.

Subscribe to Building Codes