County parks begin summer hours
February 25, 2021
Summer hours of 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. go into effect March 1 for many Johnson County Park and Recreation District parks. Summer hours will stay in effect through Oct. 31.
District parks impacted by the change in hours are:
- Shawnee Mission Park, 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee and Lenexa.
- Heritage Park, 16050 Pflumm Road, Olathe.
- Kill Creek Park, 11670 Homestead Lane, Olathe.
- Lexington Lake Park, 8850 Sunflower Road, DeSoto.
- Big Bull Creek Park, 20425 Sunflower Road, Edgerton.
- Meadowbrook Park, 9101 Nall, Prairie Village.
Summer hours for Antioch Park, 6501 Antioch Road, Merriam, are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Other district parks with year-round dawn to dusk hours include: Ernie Miller Park, 909 North Kansas 7 Highway, Olathe; Sunflower Nature Park, 103rd Street and Edgerton Road, rural DeSoto; Thomas S. Stoll Memorial Park, 12500 W. 119th St., Overland Park; Camp Branch Glade, 175th Street and Mission Road, Aubry Township; Stilwell Community Park, 207th Street and Metcalf Avenue, Stilwell; Arthur and Betty Verhaeghe Park, 11401 W 167th St., Overland Park; and all of the Streamway Park System access points.