50 Plus Travel plans trips
Johnson County Park and Recreation District 50 Plus Travel is back this summer and buckling up for adventure since trips were halted in 2020 because of coronavirus and pandemic.
Though summer trips are full, online and phone registration for the September-December travel season opens July 26. Some Fall Day Trip destinations include:
- “Good Eats from Farm to Table”- Weston, Mo. - September
- “From Textile to Mercantile” Watkins Mill Historic Site - Lawson, Mo. - September
- “River, Rails, and Trails” - Boonville, Mo.- October
- “Ride and Dine Aboard the Smoky Valley Railroad” - Abilene, Kansas - October
- “Get Your Kicks on Route 66” - Joplin, Mo. - November
- “A Swedish Holiday” - Lindsborg, Kansas - December
For those new to 50 Plus Travel, day trips are an all-inclusive full day excursion, with an itinerary packed with “must-sees,” delicious dining, and comfortable coach bus transportation. Social outings are a way to see a destination a little closer to home.
Online and phone registration for fall travel begins on July 26. To enroll online, visit jcprd.com/50PlusTravel. To register by phone, call 913-831-3359.