50 Plus keeps virtual programs
The semblance of a pre-pandemic existence is slowly coming back into focus and is leaving a transformed community wondering how this change will affect virtual programs. Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s 50 Plus Department has also contemplated the feasibility of continuing virtual programs. After connecting with patrons, it’s clear there are people who desire the accessibility of a virtual option.
Virtual 50 Plus programs will likely lessen with plans to incorporate quality activities while highlighting some popular offerings.
Upcoming complimentary virtual programs include:
- “Gnarly 80s Trivia” at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 14
- “Virtual Tour of the Shawnee Indian Mission Garden” at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, July 22
- “Virtual Bingo-80s Stars: Where Are They Now” at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 28
- “We Were Beachside Once-A Geological History of Kansas” at 1:30 Tuesday, Aug. 3
- “History Behind the Badge-History of the KCMO Police Department” at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 17