Johnson County Government commits to equipping employees with knowledge and skills that lead to success.
Employee development courses give employees tools and skills to perform their jobs with excellence and contribute to the achievement of the county's mission and strategic goals. Leadership development opportunities are important to the career growth, engagement, and success of supervisors and managers.
Employee Development Opportunities
Johnson County Government commits to offer county-wide training through on-site, virtual, and online classes. Training is also available at the department level.
The county provides training for employees in these areas:
- Leadership Development
- Interpersonal Skills Development
- Cyber Security Awareness
- Harassment Awareness for both employees and supervisors
- Supervisor Training Institute (consists of 11 classes)
- Benefits and Wellness
- Pillars of Performance and Development
- Policy Training
- Departmental/Agency/Office Training
Leadership Empowers All People
The LEAP (Leadership Empowers All People) program teaches high performance concepts. LEAP is one aspect of a larger effort to create and enhance an organizational culture that empowers people to lead regardless of their role. Thousands of county employees have completed the program and are applying the concepts in every aspect of their work.
Some concepts explored during the LEAP program include:
- providing high quality service
- spending resources wisely
- focusing on customer value
- sharing diverse opinions openly
- collaborating creatively with others
- and encouraging all employees (regardless of role) to seek opportunities to exercise leadership.