The Benefits Division of Financial Management & Administration is responsible for managing the benefit programs for Johnson County employees including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, deferred compensation and the County match supplemental retirement, and flexible spending accounts which includes medical and dependent care reimbursement. We also work with the shared leave benefit program and coordinate the educational reimbursement program.
Benefits are an integral part of the overall compensation package provided by Johnson County. We strive to provide you and your eligible dependents with choices that meet you and your family's needs.
2023 Johnson County Benefits
Explore more information about 2023 benefits:
- 2023 Benefit Contribution Rates
- 2023 PPO BlueSaver Benefit Summary
- 2023 Blue KC In-Network Hospitals
- 2023 Elixir Prescription Benefit Plan Summary
- 2023 Elixir Programs
- 2023 Elixir Preventive Drug List
- 2023 Elixir Select Formulary
- 2023 Elixir Copay Structure R30
- 2023 Delta Dental of Kansas Benefits Summary
- 2023 EyeMed Vision Benefits Summary
- 2023 LFG Voluntary Life Insurance
- 2023 Retiree Coverage Overview
- 2023 Retiree Plans Benefit Summary
- 2023 COBRA/Retiree Rates
To assist with analyzing which 2023 medical plan option results in the lowest contribution and out-of-pocket medical expenses, use the 2023 Plan Calculator below. Be sure to use the one that corresponds to your classification or how you qualify for coverage:
The County's plans continue to offer expansive preventive care coverage under all medical plan options. These three flyers list the recommended and covered preventive care services by covered member:
2022 Employee Benefits
- 2022 Monthly Contribution Rates
- 2022 PPO BlueSaver Benefit Summary
- 2022 Elixir Plan Summary
- 2022 Elixir Preventive Drug List
- 2022 Elixir Select Formulary
- 2022 COBRA and Retiree Rates
- 2022 Retiree Medical Plans
- 2022 Retiree Plans Benefit Summary
- 2022 Delta Dental Plan Summary
- 2022 EyeMed Plan Summary
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rules require certain group health plans to disclose on a public website information regarding in-network provider rates and historical out-of-network allowed amounts and billed charges for covered items and services in two separate machine-readable files (MRFs). The MRFs for the benefit package options under the Johnson County Kansas Comprehensive Health and Welfare Benefit Plan are linked below:
These files will be updated on a monthly basis to reflect the most accurate information.
Johnson County Government Employees have the power to improve their healthcare costs. Learn more on the County Wellness Page or log into your account on www.assethealth.com/johnsoncounty. View the 2023 Wellness Program Guide.
The County offers active employees and spouses access to fitness classes and gym memberships through a third party vendor called Peerfit. Members receive a credit allotment based on whether they are an employee or spouse and whether covered under the County’s medical plan or not. Gym memberships are a taxable fringe benefit. For more details click here or access the Wellness U web-site.
*For active employees covered under the County's medical plan options only.