2021 Annual Report
Stronger Together: 2021 Year in Review
Johnson County is a local government located in northeast Kansas that was organized on Sept. 7, 1857. Johnson County Government serves a diverse and expanding population through 30 agencies, departments and offices.
Approximately 3,600 public servants are dedicated to helping Johnson County remain a safe, growing and vibrant community.
This year’s report honors the community. We are stronger together because of the actions of those who live, work and spend time in Johnson County and the continued momentum and focus to keep life moving forward this year despite pandemic restrictions.
View the full report, and read the individual articles below:
- Letter from leadership
- Second-to-none and award-winning leadership
- Financial management and budgeting
- 2021 fiscal year revenue and published budget
- Fighting a pandemic
- Major capital projects
- Supporting vulnerable populations
- Infrastructure, growth and managing our resources
- Safety and protection
- Our support services
- Community involvement and engagement
- Culture, education, recreation and diversity
- Employee performance and innovation