Public Works

Utility Permit

Utility companies and their contractors are required to obtain a utility permit. Apply for a utility permit.

Entrance Permit

Entrances to private property require work to be completed within county road allowances (i.e. on county property). Request an entrance permit.

Land Disturbance Permit

If you are planning to undertake a project that will disturb one acre or more, you must apply for a Land Disturbance permit from Johnson County.

Winter Weather Guide

Submitted by Melinda.Hardin… on Tue, 10/05/2021 - 10:39
For the latest snow-related information from the county.

CARS Program

The CARS program provides funds to the cities of Johnson County to construct and maintain their major arterials. 

Stormwater Pollution Prevention

Stormwater is rain or snow that "runs off" across the land instead of seeping into the ground. Runoff is increased from surfaces which do not absorb water such as roads, parking lots, and roofs.
Subscribe to Public Works