ACT is a 10-bed residential facility for adolescents experiencing problems due to a substance use disorder. The program is staffed 24 hours a day by licensed clinicians and youth care technicians and provides teens with a safe, trauma informed environment to begin their recovery. Check out the ACT Brochure for a full overview (PDF).
ACT has provided affordable and effective substance use disorder treatment for over 35 years. Our program utilizes evidence-based practices to help adolescents understand the harmful effects of alcohol and other drug use and develop the necessary attitudes and skills to support recovery.
ACT treatment goals are:
- To identify the benefits of a clean and sober lifestyle.
- To improve family relationships, academic performance, and legal issues impacted by their substance use.
- To address co-occurring mental health concerns
- To develop an individualized recovery plan.
- Adolescents 12 to 18 years of age.
- An alcohol and drug assessment must indicate the need for residential treatment.
- Free of the need for major medical or psychiatric services.
We accept Kansas Medicaid, Block Grant, private insurance and self-pay. Johnson County residents are eligible for a sliding scale fee based on income and family size.
All clients are encouraged and referred to outpatient services upon discharge.
For further information, to make a referral or schedule a confidential assessment:
Adolescent Center for Treatment: 913-826-4200
If admission or an assessment/evaluation has already been scheduled, the following information sheet(s) must be completed and returned with requested documents:
Scheduled Admission Needed Info/Documents: (Please complete and return all documents prior scheduled admission) These can be completed electronically, and returned by camera/phone, by email, or by fax.
- ACT Admission Information (PDF)
- Clothing-Hygiene-Medications-Family Visitation-Education for ACT Admission (PDF)
- Release of Information for Private Insurance (PDF)
Scheduled Assessment/Evaluation (including required School Assessments) Needed Info/Documents: (Please complete and return all documents prior scheduled assessment/evaluation.) These can be completed electronically, and returned by camera/phone, by email, or by fax.