Sewer Use Credit Application

If you are a commercial customer in Johnson County and are connected to the county sewer lines, you will receive an invoice for sewer use on a monthly basis. Many businesses use water that does not enter the sanitary sewer system through water in products they produce, evaporation from cooling towers (and/or) irrigation systems.

Businesses requesting a sewer use credit must meter such water through a deduct meter, installed by a licensed plumber. Once the meter is set, you or your plumber must provide JCW with proof of a meter set.

Should you decide to participate in the program, it will be the responsibility of the owner/manager of the property to install a deduct meter, read the deduct meter between the 18th and no later than the 23rd of the each month and provide such meters reads on a JCW supplied log to JCW via email at along with a photograph of the read each month. You may obtain the meter read spreadsheet on JCW’s webpage as listed below or we will forward the spreadsheet upon approval of the application.

If you are interested in participating in this program, it is important that you read JCW’s complete deduct policy and procedures, the entire information provided for sewer use credits . If you have further questions or concerns, please visit our webpage at or contact Twila Smith at 913-715-8514 or email