Kansas City Chiefs’ victory parade: Johnson County transit plans
Following the Kansas City Chiefs victory, RideKC in Johnson County will offer shuttle service from Oak Park Mall to the Chiefs Victory Parade on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2023.
All other RideKC bus transit service will be suspended on the day of the parade. Freedom (Special Edition) and SWIFT (paratransit) service will operate as normal. Micro Transit service will also be available but will not serve the parade area.
Free shuttle service to downtown Kansas City, Missouri, will run from one park-and-ride location in Johnson County:
- Johnson County riders can get a lift on a RideKC or yellow school bus at the Oak Park Mall park-and-ride location (11149 W. 95th St., Overland Park, south of Hillcrest Bank, northeast of Macy’s on Nieman Road)
- People should park at the mall and walk over to catch the bus.
- Passengers will be dropped off at 25th and Southwest Boulevard and should return to that same location to ride back to Oak Park Mall.
- Shuttle service will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the parade. The last trip to the parade will leave at 11 a.m. If you’re not on a bus by 11 a.m. you won’t be able to ride.
- Return trips to Johnson County will begin at noon and continue until 4:30 p.m.
Riders should be prepared for significant wait times to board a shuttle. Because traffic is expected to be heavy, it is estimated that a single round trip will run at least 90 minutes, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Details from KCMO about the parade and victory celebration:
- Go to chiefsparade.com for all the parade details. The Kansas City Sports Commission will provide that information.
- Sign up for text notifications about the event by texting KCPARADE to 888-777.
- The parade will start at, Wednesday, Feb. 15 at noon. The exact route will be announced Tuesday morning, along with transportation and public safety details.
- The celebration includes a victory rally at Union Station at approximately 1:30 p.m., shortly after the parade ends.