Health equity action team taking donations for Period Product Donation Drive
Through Aug. 31, Johnson County's local health equity action team is hosting a Period Product Drive to collect new/unused/unopened pads, tampons, menstrual cups and other period products. These products will be distributed to local food pantries and women's shelters.
Menstrual hygiene supplies are a basic necessity that many low-income women lack. In 2019, researchers found that nearly two-thirds (64%) of women were unable to afford needed menstrual hygiene supplies during the previous year. Approximately one-fifth of women (21%) experienced this monthly.
People who experience period poverty are unable to purchase the menstrual products they need, and, in many cases, this means that they cannot go to school or work or otherwise participate in daily life.
Drop-off sites are located throughout the county. While you are out back-to-school shopping, pick up some period products and donate them to those in need. For more information, call 913-477-8114.
Drop Off Locations
- Catholic Charities (9720 W 87th St, Overland Park, KS 66212)
- Tuesday and Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Mission Southside (514 S Kansas Ave, Olathe, KS 66061)
- Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-noon
- Salvation Army (420 E Santa Fe St, Olathe, KS 66061)
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-noon, 1-4:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.-noon, 1-3 p.m.
- Hope Market (233 E Main St, Gardner, KS 66030)
- Tuesday, 5-8 p.m.; Thursday, 9-11 a.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon
- Johnson County Health Department (11875 S Sunset Dr, Olathe, KS 66061)
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.