2022 Property Tax Statements due by Dec. 20
The Johnson County Treasury, Taxation and Vehicles department will begin mailing 211,320 real estate and 14,859 personal property tax statements to Johnson County taxpayers on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
The first-half real estate and personal property taxes are due on or before Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2022, and the second-half taxes are due on or before Wednesday, May 10, 2023. The real estate tax statement contains a comparison section between the current year and prior year real estate taxes.
Taxes paid by a mortgage company, will say “THIS IS NOT A TAX BILL” at the bottom. For taxpayers who pay their statements directly, there will be a return payment stub at the bottom of the statement.
Taxpayers have multiple options available to pay their taxes:
- Online - Through our website, taxbill.jocogov.org, tax payments may be submitted electronically using our eCheck option for $0.50 per transaction, or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) for a 2.4% service fee per transaction.
- By mail – Taxpayers can mail a check along with their payment stub to PO Box 2902, Shawnee Mission, KS 66201.
- In person - Payments can also be made at the Johnson County Administration Building, 111 S. Cherry Street, Suite 1200, in downtown Olathe. Below are some guidelines for in-person payments:
- Those paying by check may use the drop box located in the hallway by the main (Cherry Street) entrance.
- In-person transactions will be limited to five or less, to keep the line moving quickly. Payments with five or more transactions can be placed in the drop box.
There are many other services online at taxbill.jocogov.org, that may be helpful this tax season. Taxpayers may view an electronic version of their tax statement and print off tax receipts once their payment has been processed. They may also find important tax forms, review frequent questions and/or file a change of address.