More information including official minutes, votes, videos, information about how to make public comments and how to request accommodations is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
The Board and County Manager recognized four employees from Johnson County Library and Johnson County Park & Recreation District with Pillars of Performance awards for their innovative work during the pandemic to offer programs and services to the community.
BOCC actions for Oct. 14, 2021
Approved maintaining the current existing BOCC district boundaries, returning for another review of district boundaries in early 2023 and adopting Resolution No. 093-21. Vote 7-0, passed.
Audit Report, Lynn Smith, Senior Auditor
Johnson County Audit Services presented a Performance Audit report on The Sheriff’s Office Property and Evidence Tracking System. The report is available here
COVID-19 and Vaccination: Johnson County Updates
The COVID-19 report prepared by Dr. Sanmi Areola and Charlie Hunt is available here.
Items currently on the agenda for the Oct. 21 meeting:
- Consider approving the reappointment of Marcia H. Bailey- First District Representative of the Consolidated Fire District No. 2 through August 25, 2024.
- Consider approving the reappointment of Janet Fanska- First District Representative of the Consolidated Fire District No. 2 through August 25, 2024.
- Consider approving the reappointment of Dale Warman - First District Representative of the Commission on Aging through August 31, 2024.
- Consider approving the reappointment of Richard Marien – Fourth District representative to the Developmental Supports Board through August 31, 2024.
- Consider approving the appointment of Claire M. Reagan- Sixth District Representative to the Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board through June 30, 2022.
- Consider ratifying the appointment of Jarrod Ousley- Chairman’s Representative of the Commission on Aging through August 31, 2024.
- Consider setting a public hearing at 9:30 a.m. on November 18th for the purpose of receiving public input on proposed amendments to the FY 2021 Budget for the Mental Health Fund in the amount of $764,130 for additional grants.
- Consider acceptance of the Emergency COVID-19 Supplemental Grant in the amount of $296,695 to provide mental health services to individuals experiencing severe and persistent mental illness in Johnson County.
- Sitting as the Governing Body of Fire District No. 2 of Johnson County, consider authorizing an agreement with Fire District No. 1 of Johnson County, to provide Fire/Rescue and EMS services within Fire District No. 2 territory, a portion of the City of Spring Hill, and a portion of Miami County Fire District No. 2, for the period commencing on November 28, 2021, at 8am and terminating on December 31, 2022.
- Sitting as the Governing Body of Fire District No. 2 of Johnson County, consider authorizing an agreement with the City of Overland Park, to provide Fire/Rescue and EMS services within Fire District No. 2 territory commencing on November 28, 2021, at 8am, thereafter, renewing automatically for successive one-year periods, and terminating on December 31, 2032.
- Consider a request from Matt Schlichter, Network Real Estate, LLC, applicant, and Jennie Storm Revokable Trust, Landowner, for a Conditional Use Permit to allow a new 155-foot telecommunications monopole with antennae and ground equipment on property in Section 33, Township 13, Range 23. Located at 24465 W. 135th Street.
- Consider City of Gardner Application No. Z-21-03 for a rezoning of approximately 2.12 acres from City C-3 (Commercial District) to City R-3 (Garden Apartment District) and associated site plan Application No. SP-21-03, for Treadway Apartments; and Application No. PP-21-03, preliminary plat, and Application No. FP-21- 04, final plat, for one 34-acre lot; located in the vicinity of the southeast corner of 175th Street and I-35 Highway, within 1 mile of New Century Airport.
- Consider a request from Nick Ewing, Sullivan Palmer Architects on behalf of JR Dodson, applicant, Johnson County Airport Commission, landowner, requesting a Final Development Plan for construction of an airplane hangar on 2.56 acres, on property zoned PEC-3, Planned Research, Development and Light Industrial Park District, located at 270 Gardner Drive in Section 18, Township 14, Range 23.
- Consider authorizing the Mental Health Center to add 7.0 FTEs and authorize the reclassification of FY2022 Mental Health reserves in the amount of $718,000 for proposed co-responder positions to provide crisis intervention assistance to the City of Overland Park, City of Shawnee, and the Northeast Cities.
- Conduct a public hearing and consider authorizing $6,648,400 for Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) pre-construction phase services for the Nelson Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements Project (NEL-C001), increasing the total project authorization amount to $22,733,400 and consider approving a contract with McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. for CMAR pre-construction phase services in an amount not to exceed $5,940,000 per Request for Proposal 2021-045.
- Approval of a Master Development Plan with VanTrust Real Estate for the New Century Commerce Center and Authorization of the Phase 1 of the Infrastructure Development Plan as recommended by the Johnson County Airport Commission.
- Consider adopting Resolution No. 096-21 to amend the FY 2021- 2025 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to include New Century Commerce Center – Phase 1 capital project in an amount not to exceed $20,286,467; and authorize the use of general obligation internal improvement bonds to pay for these improvements.
- Consider adopting Resolution No. 092-21 authorizing and approving certain airport improvements in an amount not to exceed $75,340,894; authorizing the issuance of general obligation bonds to pay for these improvements plus costs of issuance and other related financing costs as authorized by K.S.A. 3-301 et. seq.; and authorizing the publication of notice of intent to issue general obligation internal improvement bonds in an amount not to exceed $75,340,894 in the official County newspaper.