Here is a recap of the Board of County Commissioners meeting this week and a look ahead to next week. More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
BOCC actions for the week of July 15, 2019
The BOCC voted to authorize the following items:
- Consider appointing Dave Johns as the Sixth District representative to the Planning Commission through October 4, 2021.
- A $ 545,000 term and supply contract increase with Faith Technologies, Inc, for on-call physical security equipment, installation and maintenance services, for a total contract value of $1,045,000.
- A contract termination for convenience, with Cenergistic, Inc. effective October 1, 2019, for a comprehensive behavioral-based energy conservation program, and authorizing the County Director of Facilities to provide written notice of the termination to Cenergistic, Inc.
Sitting as the Governing Board of Fire District No. 2)
- Revising the Policy Manual of Johnson County Fire District No. 2 to remove job descriptions, to delete outdated salary ranges and hourly wage schedules, and to delete the staffing levels for Fire-medics.
- Conducted a public hearing and approved the Fiscal Year 2020 budget as proposed and approving Resolution No. 2019-4 authorizing a levy of property taxes in support of the budget for Johnson County Fire District No. 2 for FY 2020 funded by property tax revenue exceeding that of FY 2019, adjusted by the 2018 Consumer Price Index (CPI) for all urban consumers, subject to all public disclosure requirements and final approval by the Board of County Commissioners
Planning and Zoning items:
- Request from Phelps Engineering, Inc., applicant, and Samuel P. and Vicki S. McChesney, landowners, for Preliminary and Final Plat for two residential lots, to be known as Painted M Ranch Second, on approximately 30 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 12547 Homestead Lane.
- Request from Green Engineering, Inc., applicant, and Michael and Elizabeth Meek, landowners, for a Preliminary and Final Plat for two residential lots, to be known as The Meek Farmstead, on 34 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 20944 State Line Road.
The Board held a study session to discuss how the county supports vulnerable populations.
A look ahead for the week of July 22:
Below is a look at the BOCC calendar for next week. Details on the meetings are available at https://www.jocogov.org/calendar-created/month?field_event_type_tid=4224.
These are the current items on the July 25, 2019 BOCC agenda.
- Consider reappointing R. Lee Harris as the First District representative to the Airport Commission through July 31, 2022.
- Consider appointing Carol Lehman as the Fourth District representative to the Airport Commission through July 31, 2022.
- Consider ratifying the Chairman’s reappointment of Dr. Jessica Dain to the Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board through June 30, 2022.
- Consider ratifying the Chairman’s reappointment of Julie Brewer to the Community Corrections Advisory Board through July 1, 2021.
- Consider ratifying the Chairman’s reappointment of Richard S Kaiser Jr. to the Community Corrections Advisory Board through July 1, 2021.
- Consider accepting the Kansas Department of Health and Environment’s (KDHE) grant funding focused on supporting improved toxicology testing and supporting the information infrastructure for medicolegal death investigation systems in Kansas for a total amount not to exceed $155,000 and authorize the reclassification of reserves in the amount of $155,000 for Fiscal Year 2019 to increase overall budget authority to cover expenditures with grant revenues.
- Conduct a public hearing and consider authorizing funding for the Mill Creek Regional Lagoon Cleanout Project in an amount not to exceed $3,757,000 and increase the contract limit for the final year of the Lagoon Biosolids Cleanout Project Term and Supply Contract from $2,000,000 to $3,500,000.
- Conduct a public hearing and consider authorizing funds for the Mill Creek Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Plan in an amount not to exceed $880,000.
- Conduct a public hearing to authorize funds for the construction phase of Mill Creek No. 1 Contract 2 Sanitary Sewer Improvements in an amount not to exceed $900,220, increasing the total project authorization to $1,038,220.
- Invitation for Bid No. 2019-054. Consider authorizing a contract with Cohorst Enterprises, Inc. to construct Mill Creek No. 1 Contract 2 Sanitary Sewer Improvements Project in an amount not to exceed $678,852.
- Consider City of Gardner Application No. SP-19-01, regarding a Site Plan for an addition to an existing retail service building (Ace Hardware), located at 240 N. Moonlight Road, City of Gardner, within one mile of the New Century Airport.
- Application No. SW-PP/FP-3476 (MC). Consider a request from Hank Deters, applicant, and Francis A. Deters Revocable Trust, landowner, for a Preliminary and Final Plat for nine residential lots, to be known as Deters Farm II, on 98 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 143rd St. and Walnut Grove Road.
- Resolution No. 030-19. Application No. SW-CU-3473 (GA). Consider a request from the Johnson County Airport Commission, applicant, and Johnson County Board of Commissioners, landowner, for Conditional Use Permit approval for a cargo container, semi-trailer, and chassis storage yard at the New Century Air Center on approximately 10 acres, in Section 19, Township 14, Range 23, Johnson County, Kansas, located at 90 Leawood Drive.
- Consider a request from Bill Bushno for Rezoning from RUR to PEC-LP and an associated Preliminary Development Plan on 20 acres located at 20685 Gardner Road.
The BOCC will hear reports on the 2018 external audit, 2018 single audit, as well as receive the 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the 2nd Quarter 2019 Interim financial report.