Adult Care Home Operators Course
2024 Online Adult Care Home Operators Course
Feb. 7-March 6
This course is brought to you in partnership with LeadingAge Kansas* and GERTI.
Zoom Classes: Feb. 7 and March 6 (mandatory)
Online Modules: Feb. 7-March 5
Cost: $850 / *$750 for LeadingAge Kansas members - use code FEBLAK2024
GERTI is unable to issue refunds except for extenuating circumstances.
Registration Available: Jan. 9 at 9 a.m.-Feb. 2 at 1:45 p.m.
About This Course
This 4-week course combines online learning with Zoom sessions and includes all the requirements from the state-approved operator's course for assisted living and state licensed only adult care homes. In addition to the state-mandated elements, the importance of person-directed living concept of service, dementia and how dementia impacts the lives of elders is covered. This course is convenient and facilitates learning and builds relationships with the faculty and other students. A state-mandated test to become a certified operator will be administered online via Zoom after successful completion of the course. After passing the test, the student is qualified to become the operator of a state licensed only adult care home in Kansas.
This course will be delivered online only with a Zoom meeting on the first and last day of the course. Students will be provided access to the online lessons, course materials, and resources following receipt of your enrollment fee. At designated times throughout the class you will participate in a blend of self-paced activities using internet-based technologies.
- Payment of applicable fees
- Be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent with one year of relevant experience or have an associate's degree in relevant field or have a bachelor's degree
- Kansas Administrative Regulations
- Statutes and Regulations for the Licensure and Operation of Assisted Living and Residential Health Care Facilities
- Resident Functional Capacity Screen Manual
- Office of the State Fire Marshal Residential Board and Care & Assisted Living Handbook
- This event is approved for up to 48 hours for Adult Care Home Administrators by the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (HOC approved provider number LTS-A1141) with 37 possible in the core of Administration and 11 hours in the core of Resident Care.
- The Kansas State Board of Nursing approved GERTI as a provider of continuing education. This program is approved for up to 48 continuing education hours applicable to RN, APRN, and LPN re-licensure (KSBN LT0249-0916).
- Approved for 48 continuing education clock hour for Kansas Licensed Social Workers by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (Provider Number: 07-003).
Belinda Vierthaler, LMSW, LACHA - Director of GERTI
Belinda received her Bachelor and Master of Social Work from the University of Kansas. She is a licensed adult care home administrator and has worked as an Administrator in skilled nursing and assisted living communities and served as the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, under the administrations of Governor Parkinson and Governor Brownback. She was involved in the person-directed care movement as the Chair of the Kansas Culture Change Coalition. She developed the Administrator-In-Training program and taught the assisted living operators course at Johnson County Community College. Currently, she is the Director of GERTI, the education branch of Evergreen Living Innovations, Inc.