2019 Rate Table - Residential/Multi-Family Customers
Appeals Submittal Form
Johnson County Wastewater has established the following procedures for consideration of appeals. Below are the categories in which you may appeal. You may dispute one or all of the categories. If you appeal multiple categories, use only one form to list your appeals.
A. Appeal Types:
- User Classification: User charges are determined in part by the classification of the customer. Persons wishing to appeal a change in their user classification shall contact Johnson County Wastewater in writing within 30 days after receipt of the bill, stating the basis for the appeal.
- Average Winter Water Use:
- Persons wishing to appeal the water use volume used for billing shall contact Johnson County Wastewater in writing within 30 days after receipt of the bill, stating the basis for the appeal.
- Residential customers may appeal only the annual calculated charge (determined by applying average winter usage to the entire year), and may not use the appeals process to dispute individual billings.
- To consider this appeal, Johnson County Wastewater reserves the right to request information in support of the determination of the volume of wastewater. This information includes, but is not limited to, water consumption history.
B. Obtain an Appeals Form in one of two ways:
- Call Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center at 913-715-8590
- Download the Appeals Form
C. Send your completed form by either:
- Email to JCW-Solutions@jocogov.org
- U.S. Mail, or Postal Service:
Johnson County Wastewater
Manager, Customer Service
11811 South Sunset Drive, Suite 2500
Olathe, KS 66061-7061
- Fax to 913-715-8501
Johnson County Wastewater will respond to submitted appeals by U.S. mail or email within two (2) weeks of receiving the appeal. This written response will confirm receipt of the Appeals Form. Upon recommendation by the Manager of Customer Service, the Johnson County Wastewater Appeals Committee may consider the appeal.
Do you still have questions? Please contact Johnson County Wastewater's Customer Service Center.